Tuesday 22 December 2009

Handmade Christmas Cards

This year, I somehow made time to make my own Christmas cards. I highly recommend this design if you fancy making your own (thanks Martha)!

All you need are some blank cards and lots of ribbon; I used single sided florists' ribbon as it is much cheaper.  First, cut a small slit halfway up the spine of card.  Then, thread the ribbon through the slit and tie a bow on the front. Here are some photos of the finished results:







Last year, I made my own design which proved to be a little more time consuming than this year's version.  I took a piece of felt, sewed random zig zags all over it in contrasting coloured cotton thread, then cut out a triangle shape and stuck it to a blank card with clear drying craft glue.



3 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! I've seen so many pretty handmade cards this year and am trying to memorise them for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and simple!
    I made handmade gift tags this year by using a stencil and some ink.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails