Sunday 1 November 2009

Halloween

This year we had a pumpkin carve-off, the results of which are below. His is flashier than mine (typically).  I hadn’t done this for years but I can see it being an annual fixture. I’m already planning for next year...

His:


Mine:



Just before Halloween, I heard about the American recipe of “Dinner in a Pumpkin”, which I had to try for myself.  Just scoop out the inside of a culinary pumpkin and add cooked minced beef, condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup, onions, peppers, garlic and cinnamon. Then bake it in the oven for a couple of hours with the lid on and serve with garlic bread or whatever takes your fancy. I thought it looked pretty impressive and it certainly disappeared quickly. I also attempted a sweet pumpkin pie, but the less said about that the better!



1 comment:

  1. You have quite a skill set!! Handbag creator, photographer and fantastic pumpkin carver!! Bravo!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails