Tuesday 6 April 2010

Cake Time

I baked a huge batch of cupcakes recently for a friend's birthday; vanilla with sugar flower decorations and chocolate/orange with sprinkles.  I highly recommend using a piping bag; not only does it enable you to add an obscene amount of butter icing, it makes the cakes look pretty good too:




I visited a friend recently and discovered Blue Ribbons Sugarcraft Centre in Hampton Court.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I stepped inside the shop.  They stock the most incredible range of cake papers, decorations, colourings, sprinkles and everything else cake related you can think of!  If you thought that edible metallic balls only came in silver, think again...  Make sure you check out the Cupcake Boutique section of their website. 

The staff were really helpful; they advised me which sized piping nozzle and bags to use, and didn't get grumpy when I was still deciding which cake papers to buy 2 minutes before closing time.

Check out these stunning cake papers (all available to purchase from their site):
 Images courtesy of Blue Ribbons Sugarcraft Centre.

3 comments:

  1. They look soooo good! I'm always mucking up my icing, so I'll try using a piping bag next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would like one of each, please.
    oh they all look so yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with the cupcakes! They are so pretty and look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails